Update: Legal & Tax Strategy Session
Currently I am not accepting any clients for the Legal & Tax Strategy Session as I am taking the time to bond with our new baby.
Thank you for your interest!
All my best,
Legal & Tax Strategy Session
I have some questions for you.
What do you do when you have a legal or tax question about your business?
Do you DIY your legal decisions after researching on the internet?
Or do you ask a family member or a friend in the legal world for a quick favor?
Do you know if the answer you get is right?
Do you know if you are asking all the questions you should?
Do you have the legal & tax help you need to thrive?
How would you feel about working ONE-ON-ONE with an experienced attorney who is also a yoga teacher?
Someone who speaks your language, understands what you do, appreciates the light you share with your students and clients, and genuinely cares about helping you succeed?
Someone who explains the risks and benefits without hiding behind the legalese, makes practical recommendations, and provides clarity and confidence you need to build your business and help you thrive?
If that sounds good to you, I recommend you to set up a Legal & Tax Strategy Session with me.
Q: Tell me more. What will the Legal & Tax Strategy Session involve?
Before the live call, I will ask you customized intake questions to get to know you and your business to gain an understanding of your biggest goals and questions. When you schedule your session, you will be given the opportunity to share with me three main challenges or burning questions you have for your business.
This way, I can sufficiently research the relevant legal issues in advance and we can maximize the effectiveness of our live discussion.
Popular topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Selecting the appropriate business structure
- Registering & protecting your business name
- Obtaining an EIN from the IRS
- Applying for the necessary licenses, permits, and certificates
- Keeping the business finances separate from the personal finances
- Ensuring solid contracts are in place
- Protecting your business with appropriate business insurance
- Protecting your intellectual property (e.g., trademark and copyright registration)
- Ensuring that your website has the essential terms
- Understanding your responsibility to make quarterly estimated tax payments
- Distinguishing employees from independent contractors
- Supporting your tax deductions
For more information on these popular topics, download and review your 12-Step Checklist for Legal and Tax Wellness of Your Yoga Business. Reviewing this carefully will make our session more organized, productive, and helpful for you.
During the live, one-on-one, 90-minute call, you can delve into your challenges and questions and together, we will create your Legal & Tax Strategy Plan, which will include a list of action items to bring your business to the next level.
More specifically, your customized Legal & Tax Strategy Plan will provide the following based on the details of your business and our discussion:
- Priority. A detailed list of action items in the recommended order of priority. Not everything will need to be done now, if ever. The priority list will help you separate out what really needs an action now or soon from what you can wait to do (or not do) in the future upon further assessment. This way, you can spend less energy being overwhelmed and more energy getting things done.
- Appropriate for DIY. The action items you should empower yourself to handle in order for you to gain experience for the future of your business and/or save money.
- Appropriate for Professional Assistance. The action items that are recommended for you to work directly with a relevant expert in the field (e.g., attorney, CPA).
Q: What else will I gain from the Legal & Tax Strategy Session?
In addition to the information and advice you will receive during the Legal & Tax Strategy Session and outlined in the Legal & Tax Strategy Plan, you will also gain:
- Clarity & Confidence. Whether you are just starting out or already have an established business, our Legal & Tax Strategy Session will provide you with the clarity and confidence you need to build a successful business and take it to the next level.
- ONE-ON-ONE Legal Services. You will enjoy an unmatched opportunity to work ONE-ON-ONE with a dedicated attorney (without paying thousands of dollars) who is familiar with your work to review your business at a holistic level, serve as your thinking partner and business advisor to create and cultivate growth and success, answer your burning questions during a live conversation, and provide you with a clear and comprehensive plan to take your business to the next level.
- Trusted Advisor for Your Business. While an ongoing commitment is completely optional, our Legal & Tax Strategy Session will also help you establish a working relationship with an attorney who will be familiar with you, your business, and the big goals and dreams you have for your business, for any legal and tax questions and needs arising in the future. In this constantly changing environment (e.g., two tax bills passed in less than 3 weeks), having a trusted legal and tax advisor in your network will add a tremendous value to your business.
Q: How much will this cost?
Your investment for the Legal & Tax Strategy Session is $350.
This offer is for you only if you are serious about growing a business you love, but you need an attorney's help to do it in a way that protects you, supports you, and sets you on the path to a long-term success.
Tip: The cost of working with an attorney to help you with the legal and tax planning needs of your business is a business expense you can deduct (aka write off) on your income tax return.
"Legal and professional fees. Fees charged by accountants and attorneys that are ordinary and necessary expenses directly related to operating your business are deductible as business expenses."
"To be deductible, a business expense must be both ordinary and necessary. An ordinary expense is one that is common and accepted in your industry. A necessary expense is one that is helpful and appropriate for your trade or business. An expense does not have to be indispensable to be considered necessary."
Hopefully this is not new information to you, but if it is, I hope you found it to be helpful.