My wonderful postpartum doula Amelia makes them for me to boost my breast milk supply but my entire family loves them.
They're soft and crunchy, sweet but not too sweet, and healthy yet very indulgent. They help postpartum mama with her milk supply and battle constipation.
My 4-year old just said, "Can I have one more? I love them!"
They will make it into our stable diet going forward!
No Bake Energy Bars
- Dry old-fashioned oats (1 cup)
- Toasted coconut flakes (2/3 cup)
- Peanut butter (1/2 cup)
- Ground flax seeds (1/2 cup)
- Semisweet chocolate chips (1/2 cup)
- Honey or agave nectar (1/3 cup)
- Chia seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover and let the bowl chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes (optional).
- Roll the mixture into little balls (about 1 inch diameter). The mixture makes about 20-25 balls.
- Store in an airtight container (it lasts about 1 week if you can stop yourself from eating them all in one sitting).